IML: '61 transmission question

 Thanks to all of you who replied to my earlier question about unreliable and late upchange on my  '61 transmission.

At the time it looked like overheating or burnt fluid but having had more time to assess the situation, I have discovered that the problem can be made to go away temporarily but running thorugh the selector buttons in sequnce once or twice. After doing this, the transmission changes gaer perfectly for a while but then reverts to erratic upchanges. (downchanges seem to be fine)

I am beginning to think I have some grit or other solid contaminant in the fluid. What is the best way of dealing with this?

Best wishes,

Tony V