IML: Volunteering at the club website: was:Chrysler/imperial Special Too

IML: Volunteering at the club website: was:Chrysler/imperial Special Tools

--- TomC <tcsibor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kenyon,
>
> I would gladly volunteer to do some of the scanning,
> formatting and loading
> if you would like the help.
>
> TomC

No Problem, Tom - That's SUPER news, in fact!

Please go to the website and hit the "CONTACT US"
button and volunteer your services - we're actually
very short of active help right now, and you'll be a
welcome addition!

That message will get you onto the Webmonsters mailing
list (similar to the IML, but for working on the club
website only) and we'll get you set up.  Anyone else
so inclined is invited to do so as well (see the info
farther down in the links for more info).

I am happy to scan the book, but part of my pleasure
has always been in looking over the item as it is
scanned, so if you want to do it top-to-bottom, I'd be
equally willing to mail it to you/pass it off in
person (contact me off-list).  I can get it done
fairly quickly, though - your choice.

I would normally have responded off-list, but want
everyone reading to understand how easy it is to
volunteer a little time to getting stuff up, which we
view as a service to all.  Having every year's Feild
Service Manual is a giant project that will yeild the
ability to look up/print the specs and instructions
from ANY COMPUTER IN THE WORLD with a www connection,
and they're mighty handy!

Here's what we have so far:
http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/index.htm

If you volunteer to help on the website, we have a
seperate email system for asking questions and getting
support on how to do things called WEBMONSTERS.

There's more information about what we do here:

http://imperialclub.com/Standards/index.htm
http://imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/TeamOfVolunteers/index.htm

We keep things that are incomplete or need to be
formatted in a temporary holding-pen of sorts called
TEMP.  Some folders are in this area with no graphics
behind them (FSM's).  They are on file with me
awaiting deployment to another volunteer that can take
them farther, since there's more stuff than there is
space currently - those FSM's are absolute beasts when
it comes to the space that they take to store in their
raw -scan formats.

Temp is here:

http://imperialclub.com/temp/
Files are HUGE and uncompressed - they are a dial-up
connection killer, so beware if you poke around.

Anyone else want to help get their favorite year FSM
posted?  Got printed matter that we don't have that we
can scan/borrow?  This is a volunteer place and won't
happen without help.  We need you.

Kenyon Wills