Re: IML: Looking for production information

Re: IML: Looking for production information

You can purchase a copy of the build record for your car from
DaimlerChrysler Historical from US$45.00    They have build records for cars
built in the U.S. from 1930 through 1967.

The build record is an IBM card produced after the car was shipped from the
factory.  It will include such stuff as shipping order number,  model
number, interior trim and exterior painut information (all of which appears
on your car's data tag under the hood), the car's serial number (which is
not on the data tag), a list of the items as installed on your car - engine,
transmission, heating/A/C. radio, poiwer equipment, etc. plus when it was
shipped from the factory and to which dealer.  All 1962-1975 Imperials were
built at the Jefferson Avenue plant in Detroit.

I got one for my 1962 Dodge Lancer GT, built at Los Angeles.  Being a
Lancer, it did not have much for equipment, unlike most Imperials.

They will need the serial number from your car along with a cheque or money
order for US$45.00 :

DaimlerChrysler Corporate Historical Collection
Attn : Historical information
One Chrysler Drive
CIMS 488-00-00
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

You can also get owner's and service manuals for your car - inquire about
cost
Also photographs of cars for your year - B&W for $15 and colour for $25.

They do not have photos of your car, but models similar to it.

Bill
Vancouver, BC