From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: gpagency@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 64 gas tank plug

Hi Greg! .....If your's is like the one on the Imperial I changed MANY!!! years
back, it is, in fact a screw-in plug that takes a Allen Wrench. Don't remember
exactly what size, maybe a 1/4 or 3/8 but...one of the exterts will probably add
their email with the exact size! Pretty straightforward to remove, just be sure
you have as much gas removed as possible....it gets HEAVY otherwise!!!!. Also,
the removing of the straps to drop the tank was a real joy! ....If you can get
new ones and maybe a new set ofstraps, these will make things MUCH easier when
you put that puppy back into the car!
Good Luck!
Dan Melnik

---- gpagency@xxxxxxx wrote:

 I hope this doesn't sound to stupid but I am replacing my gas tank and I am not
sure how to remove the gas tank drain plug. I am assuming it is the metal round
plug at the front end of the tank. I can't tell if it unscrews or you pry it
out. It has a hole in the middle of it that sort of looks like an allen wrench
may go in it but nothing I had fit. How do I remove it?
Greg
64 conv