Re: IML: 1966 - Fender 'Dent removal'

Hi All...this question is for those members who have some experience/knowledge in the 'dent removal' arena. On my '66 convertible (Doris) there is a 4-6 inch dent in the passenger-side fender, on the SIDE just before the stainless trim that wraps around the top and front of the fender at that point. The car was like this when I bought the car and, believe it or not, most of the time it's VERY hard to tell that it's even there! So far the paint has not cracked or broken or anything like that. Has anyone tried to remove a 'dent' of this size using one of those 'suction cup' things that's suposed to allow you to pull or pop the dent back out? I know the metal on our Imperial's is a bit heavier than most of todays cars (!) and I wonder if this method has a chance of working at all!!? Also, has anyone tried to access that small, hard-to-get-to area of the inside of the fender way up front!....doesn't look like its either easy to get to, nor have a lot of space once you can get to it!......or should I just bite-the-bullet and go see a few body shops to see how badly they are going to rip me off?? Please feel free to email me directly if this topic has been kicked around enough already so the rest of the IML doesn't have to endure it again!
Thanks all!!
Dan Melnik