Re: IML: News from the Northwest (USA)

What the hay,  My car cover fits the 55 imperial the same way( see picture number 6).  Does anyone know of the cheap cover that will fit these cars???
RC Billlings Montanaaaaaaaa

Michael Howlett <collyman1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I've had a busy busy summer up here in rural Western Oregon.
Lots of cars to restore and lots of projects around the house to keep me busy.
I'd like to say a hearty THANKS to GeoNort (George) from Manteca California. George stopped by a couple of weeks ago to say Hello, and visit for a Saturday with us. We had a great time talking cars and current events and travels. He was up here for a summer get-away and I really enjoyed showing him around our little corner of the world and we spent a very nice sunny warm Saturday together. We met last fall at the Lowell Howe's Open House and have become good friends. THANKS again George for bringing along a nice windshield and radiator from one of your Imperials. I sure can use it with all the cars that seem to be coming my way.................... I just saved another '57 Imperial from becoming a boneyard rust-bucket. The seller originally bought the car to remove the engine to use in one of his hot-rods, but then after storing the car in his massive shop for a couple of years he decided to buy a new crate hemi and sell the car in one piece to help finance his on-going project ( a '37 DeSoto Coupe). I managed to get him down to an affordable price and saved the car from going to another hot-rodder who would just want the car for it's engine. As you can see the car is in pretty decent shape, with a few flaws that need attention, such as brakes, distressed interior, and tune-up issues........... but I thought it would make a good summer driver, to take to the car meets and drive around on those HOT summer evenings.
I'm trying my best to get some photos and text together for the site, so if Kenyon, or one of the other fine webmonsters could assist me, I'd really like to do that this summer.
Hello to all my friends out there, Bruce, Clint and Laurie, Bill Ulman in Seattle, Tom C., Dick, Kenyon, Ken, Philippe, Frederick, sorry I haven't visited or written, the unusually nice summer we've been having here has kept me close to home and outside in the dry warm balmy weather, working on the cars, the yard, and the farmhouse.
now...........Here's those latest pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/collyman/july262006005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/collyman/july262006007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/collyman/july262006011.jpg