IML: 1981 parts car in Long Beach, CA

I've been contacted by a guy who's got a parts car in Long Beach, CA. It's
a 1981 with the sunroof option.

The car actually runs (and runs well from what he's told me). It even
passed CA smog testing this past year with honors-- I made him send me the
report from the testing agency. :) It's a factory carb conversion with a
rebuilt engine not that long ago. Apparently the reason it's a "parts car"
is it was in some kind of accident and the front clip, bumper, and fenders
are all smashed up. He said miraculously the hood sustained no damage
though. It's also missing the rear bumper.

He wants $400 to drive it home. IMO, that's a *great* deal if the engine is
as good as he claims. My only problem is that I'm in Seattle, WA and the
car is in Long Beach. He was willing to stake his reputation on it being
able to drive me home from Long Beach if I wanted to go pick it up. My only
other concern is a place to store it. I am maxed out with the three
vehicles I have now and I don't really have room for one that's just going
to sit. Also included in the $400 is a set of *new* front fenders he was
going to replace the smashed ones with, two spare front seats, and a bunch
of little stuff (sunroof switch, antenna, other gadgets). Apparently the
material on *all* the seats is "worn", including the spares so those may
not be worth the trouble.

Shoot me an e-mail if this sounds interesing to you. Maybe if there is
someone else in the Seattle area (or WA in general) who could use parts
from this car, and has a place to store it, we could work something out. I
have a pretty select grocery list of the parts I need for my car, so if
someone with storage space wanted to work something out, most of the car
would probably be theirs to keep. One of the primary things I would be
interested in is the engine since it was recently rebuilt. The engine in my
1982 has over 200,000 miles on it and will probably need a rebuild sometime
in the next 100,000. Other than that what I need is trivial detail stuff.

Nat Hall
1982 Imperial Coupe
1987 Chrysler New Yorker
http://newyorker.digital-forever.com