CORRECTION: RE: IML: 66 Limo - shah of Iran car

I must post a Correction about my post below.
The car I mentioned is NOT a 1966 Imperial Limo, I was quite mistaken. It IS a 1965 Ghia limo and was the last one made. This being the tenth car of TEN Ghia limos made in 1965. It also has the longest wheelbase of any Ghia limo built. The car is black and was meticulously restored by its present owner Chip Loree. I got to see the car at a cruise night here in NJ on Saturday night. I will try to schedule a time to go see the owner and take some digital pictures for posting on the website in the near future. The 65 Ghia limo won the peoples choice award at the 2006 WPC Club meet in Virginia in July. My 64 Crown Coupe and the 65 Ghia limo were the only Imperials at the Chatterbox restaurant cruise night out of 350 cars that were present. Many hot rods and muscle cars.....

From: "dave brown" <imperial1usa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: 66 Limo - shah of Iran car/PA car show report
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:14:48 -0400

hello all,

I heard recently that there was a rare 1966 Imperial LeBaron limo at the WPC Club meet in VA ? I happen to know the man that owns it, and he also owns the K.T. Kellar Imperial convertible that is featured on our website. Did anyone get some photos of this car at the WPC meet ? I wasn't able to attend so I haven't seen it yet. I also was told that the owner has DRIVEN it to a local cruise night here in New Jersey as well as the KT Kellar car. This show(cruise) takes place every Saturday night at the Chatterbox restaurant at rte 206 & rte 15. I plan to attend tomorrow night and will drive my black 64 Crown Coupe there. Maybe I will actually see another Imperial ?!?! Wouldn't that be shocking.

I attended a LARGE show in eastern Pennsylvania on Sunday and there were at least 12 to 15 Imperials there. A really NICE restored 58 convertible was on display and parked behind my Crown Coupe, and there was a 64 Crown and a 64 convertible; so the only 64 model missing was a LeBaron and all models would have been present for the 1964 model year. There was a white 65 LeBaron and a gorgeous 56 Imperial in red with white interior and it had the record player and factory a/c. I was parked next to a 55 coupe, it was the car that the 1:18 Imperial model was crafted from that I have on display in my home made by Signature models(white with gold roof). I was glad to see so many Imperials that were out on the road for a change - mine included.

Dave Brown in NJ
64 Crown Coupe
66 LeBaron ( finally has the correct front seats ) thanks to Bob H!!!!