IML: 64 iml cvt

Ok, here is one that has me stumped.  On my 64 convertible top header, there are two chrome locator pins that work into the holes at the top of the windshield.  The one on the driver's side is loose and I cannot figure out how to tighten it.  The pin is a bolt end and a nut is attached - obviously just tightening it solves the problem.  However, there is no way I can get any kind of tool on the nut to hold it while I tighten the bolt.  There is a small access hole to the side, I guess for some kind of wrench, but I simply cannot get anything in there to grip it.  The nut is not on finger tight - I need a wrench on it, it is too loose to just pull up on it while I try to crank it.  Somehow, they got that nut on there - somehow, there is a way to tighten it.  The FSM shows nothing about my problem and no handy close up drawing with instructions (the guy who designed it should have known that 42 years later, someone would be having this problem).

I never put the top up, so it's never been a problem.  But, I am driving it to Los Angeles in a few weeks to a major car show and I need the top up so I can "experience" the A/C.

This nut has me going nuts - what's the trick?

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt

Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail.