RE: IML: voltage limiter question

Dick,

I have been reading the FSM on-line at our website and
yes there is another voltage limiter in the car. It is
located in the the Low Fuel Relay. When I work on the
car next weekend I will check to see if I have the
pulsating 5 volts on the blue wire connected to the
gauge. According to the wiring diagram this wire goes
from the gauge to the low fuel relay. The connection
to the tank is made through the back of the instrument
panel in the eight-way connector (also same color
wire) which is what confused me.

Does anyone know the location of the Low Fuel Relay in
1973 Imperial? I think I can test it if I can find it.

Thanks!

Tim Durrer

--- Dick Benjamin <dickb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But, where is the power coming from if the dash is
> out of the car?  The
> battery is still hooked to something - I'm still not
> understanding where the
> power is coming from.  What did I miss?
>
> Dick Benjamin

=== message truncated ===