Re: IML: 1960 Resonators - vocabulary question II

Re: IML: 1960 Resonators - vocabulary question II

OK.  What does a resonator do that a muffler does not,
and how do they differ in design internally to do
their work?

I have a pair of NOS "gas-tank" area resonators that I
had thought to be correct for 1960, but I'm second
guessing myself now (don't worry, second guessing is
second nature!)

Now that I think about it, my other 1960 had pipe only
after the rear axle, so it looks like I'll have to
save those rear resonators for the other cars.

This is a good topic - thanks to the originator of it!

-K