RE: IML: Imperial Brakes

Eric,
    Very well said.  Our Imperials are great and WE treat them
with a lot of respect and do NOT want anything to happen to them.
 Unlike MANY driver on the road now who do not have ANY respect
to any one except themselves and very little idea of the
consequnces of their action, let alone driving responsibly.
Tailgating, third lane entering or leaving a freeway, showing
their intelligence by the number of times they DO NOT use turn
signals, and yacking on a cell phone in heavy traffic are not
sign they the driver is not responsible enough to be behind the
wheel.  [I'll get off my soapbox]  A good example is when I was
driving back to Tucson from Portland, OR.  I was the ONLY other
vehice on I-5 at 2:15AM (3+years ago).  The female who hit me @
85+ mph told the officer, "I don't know where my mind was.  I did
not see him until I was hitting him."  Fortunately, I was driving
a full sized Dodge van (B250) hauling a 6x10 U-Haul trailer (45
mph limit).  BOTH were totaled and I went to the hospital and my
back is still messed up today.  BUT you can be assured that if I
had been driving my 1975 Imperial (with 4-wheel disc brakes) @
75mph there would not have been near as much damage, if any.  My
Imperial does an excellant job of stopping truely (even with worn
rear rotors).

Æyn

--- "K. Eric Wolfe" <kewolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The arrogance of the claim that close encounters are related to
> the
> person having them is beyond belief.  Driving a 66 with fully
> up-to-date
> and serviced drum brakes gives the driver one of two choices
> when a
> drunk driver goes around a stopped vehicle at a stop sign -
> broadside
> him or go up onto the curb.  Distracted, impaired and just
> plain
> inconsiderate drivers are an unfortunate fact of life.  Despite
> allowing
> for adequate spacing between vehicles at highway speeds, there
> are often
> drivers who cut in at the last moment, often without the use of
> turn
> signals, to make the off ramp.  Cars that in their prime would
> stop at
> 130 feet or more have little chance of avoiding multi-piston,
> four wheel
> disc brakes of today's "pocket rockets" that weight in at half
> their
> weight.

<javascript:parent.ComposeTo('mailing-list%40imperialclub.com');>

<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redi