RE: IML: Transport

Just a suggestion, but what I did first in order to get "a general idea" as to the prices for the move was to do a 'google' search on 'auto transporters'. You, of course , get a load of hits but one of those on the first page was a place (broker?) that allowed youo to enter the baasic information about your car move and get back 10 different quotes for that move. Now, personally, I do not like using Brokers. partially due to the 'Once-they-have-your-initial-money- they-could-care-less" attidude, but for getting an estimate as to what to expect from other transporters I thought it was a FAST and SIMPLE way to start of! What I did next was to do just what you did, ask the IML members for their 2cents worth and what carrier they themselves used and their opinion's of that carrier! I had narrowed it down to 3 (Intercity Lines, Reliable, Auto-Express) and am going with AutoExpress. Since Intercity is being used on at least one of the TV shows to move/deliver the cars on the show, they seem to have gotten a bit too big (money wise) for their britches!!!...but, everyone I hear from loved their service. Another thing to check......the quote you get in an email is USUALLY a little higher than the price you will get once you call them. I was told that the computer makes a 'general' quote up from the PICKUP and DELIVER locations and found that the final quote went from $1725 to $1470.00 once I called and spoke to a human person.
Good Luck!!!!!!
Dan Melnik