Re: IML: silent directional signals on my 1968 crown convert

Re: IML: silent directional signals on my 1968 crown convert

The original relay is not terribly loud, an issue noted even in the magazine road tests of the day. Factor in the lack of dash-mounted indicators and the rather small, chrome-framed design of the fender-mounted indicators, and you have exactly the problem you note!

The easiest remedy is to replace the flasher relay with a louder one. You can locate the barely audible on near the glovebox by sound and just plug in a new unit from any auto parts store. (You need not even remove the old one: just unplug it and plug in the wiring to the new one, then set it carefully back behind the dash, if you're pressed for time or lacking back-flexibility).

Chris in LA
67 Crown