Re: IML: silent directional signals on my 1968 crown convert

Re: IML: silent directional signals on my 1968 crown convert

Tom,
   Check your turn signal flasher type.  If it has been replaced
with an electronic one then it may not make ANY noise, but if it
is still a mechanical one, it make not be in the metal clip
attached to the dash.  The older cars with metal dash
super-structures had a metal clip that clipped into a hole in the
structure and around the backend of the flasher.  This way it
reverberated through the structure.  An alternative is to
purchase an electronic flasher with a LOUD click. (They are
identified this way and some of them also allow you to adjust the
type of sound)  I have also seen them in adjustable loudness.

Æyn