IML: Please Welcome Gina Gerdes

New Subscriber(s): Gina Gerdes
Email Address is: ggerdes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Rayville, MO (30 minute NE of KC, MO)

Car(s) owned: Don't currently own one, but fell in love with the 1960 Crown Imperial 4-Dr Sedan.

Self-Introduction: I'm an old car enthusiast and learned auto mechanics from my father when I was about 12. I owned a 1967 Mercury Cougar from about 1980 to 1996, at which time I had to sell it due to a divorce. I've always wanted to do *another* "restoration" project (e.g., my Cougar had a new engine, new transmission, and many other new mechanical parts), but have watched from afar until I recently uncovered a 1960 Crown Imperial 4-Dr Sedan (quite by accident) in a salvage yard. I've read somewhere else that the "Imperial Bug," once it bites with that "buy me, buy me" chrome smile, is hard to shake. Anyway, I'm trying to dicker with a guy (e.g., another salvage yard) who bought this 1960 Imperial before I did and am having very little luck. *SIGH* I'm definitely interested in picking up a restoration project that needs a lot of TLC and patience. Yes, its nice to have something that is running and looks good, but the hard work and watching it all come together is what its all about.
a 1960 Crown Imperial kicking around their backyard that is in desperate need of a good home and lots of TLC, drop me a note.