Re: IML: 66 Imperial Camshaft Spec's

Marty

The original spec'd cam may not be found by Tuesday morning.  The # P4286675
can be.  Sometimes this cam also shows up on ebay at a lower cost than what
the local dealer may may have it priced at.

(
http://search.ebay.com/440-camshaft_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfposZQ5AIPQ2fPostalQQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrt
Z1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunk
nown  )

Now that you have the original spec's, you can look around to see what is
availiable and then talk it over about what you have found.  A good rule of the
thumb is to keep the duration short and the lift as high for a good pulling
street engine.

And yes I have heard the 413-426w and first series 440's have differant
lifters and push rod sizes than the later ones.  Just state this to the counter/
phone person.

The (
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/ExhaustManifolds/Dodge/PickupFullSize/PLP1390041/67559  ) exhaust manifolds are a secret horse power gain since they came
out in 1972 for our 1959 to 1966 framed cars.  I would like to say that I am
the first to realize this for our cars, but I'm not.  And yes the header down
tube needs to be adjusted to fit by the local muffler shop.  I have these
manifolds with an OEM 1968-1970 HP spec'd  set of mufflers under the rear seat area
and 1970 Chrysler 300 spec'd resonator's by the gas tank.  For the 1963 413
powered car I had them put in a "H" or cross pipe and five years later for the
440 powered 1966 car I asked for an "X".  ( I had purchased four mufflers at
the same time. )

I have a 1970 27' AirStream to pull so I thought of this as I as ah thinkin.

                       Uncle Rodger & Aunt Gabby
                                      Colo Spgs