RE: IML: Diesel oils, synthetics etc.

Hot Rod Magazine ran an article on this subject either earlier this year or
late last year.  I'll have to go through the collection to find it.  One of
the sources they listed for oils high in the desired additives is race oil.
They listed a Quaker State race oil, but I didn't find any race oils listed
on their website just now.  I'll have to research this a little further.

I've used Mobil 1 for years in many late model vehicles, and in some older
ones with fresh motors (after a break-in with conventional oil).  Never
introduced it to a higher mileage vintage motor, but did find that the
synthetics do not smoke like conventional oils when burned in the combustion
chamber.  A friend with a Chevelle showed me that trick.  It would still
smoke, but not the clouds that the conventional oil did.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron (probably will get Rotella when it's closer to roadworthy)