IML: 1969 Imperial charging system

My 1969 Imperial needs a new alternator and voltage regulator. It came with electronic voltage regulator part #2874500 with the three prong connector. At The auto parts stores, all the replacement voltage regulator has the two prongs. Mopar part #3438150.Can I interchange the two voltage regulators and if not, do I need to change to a newer style post 1970 alternator? Can someone with some knowledge of charging systems help with this. My Imperial has sat idle for the better part of the summer while I searched in vain for the apparently unobtainable one off positive brush alternator part #2675713. the only instructions that I can find are for pre 1970 vehicles with mechanical regulators and 1970 or later with two prong regulators; not 1969 Imps with electronic voltage regulators. Thanks.

Dwain