From: jecny75@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 6:38 AM
Subject: IML: FINALLY

Hello everyone,

For those of you who know that the Imperial has been
eluding me here on Long Island, I FINALLY saw another
one last night.

Parked on the side of a 'used to be gas station', now
used car lot is a nice '58.  This really was a treat
for me & when my boyfriend told me he found one
locally, I immediately jumped up ready to go see her.

For those of you who don't know, I've only seen one
here on LI and that was 10 years ago - abandoned '63.

Anyway - The car is in good condition.  You can tell
by the good old 'tap test' that she had her lower
panels filled & was re-painted red with a black top.
Still solid overall with a spot of rust here and
there.  She sits well but the reggie & inspection have
been expired since '05 so she hasn't been driven since
then.

Some poor soul replaced the original dash console with
- fuzzy lepoard print.............ouch!  There also is
plastic white balls hanging along the inside door trim
and in other places as well.  Upon opening the rear
doors, a red light illuminated this beast & I really
wanted to cry.  It was like a Cheech & Chong pipe
dream gone bad.

I'm going to attempt a rescue.  Why anyone would do
this is beyond me & I'm sure the majority of you felt
my pain when you read about the lepoard print.  Yeah,
I was really speechless.

Fondly,

Joy