Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 7:51 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Changing the Left to Right

I agree about changing all of the LHT studs and nuts to RHT. This is something that I have done on previous Mopars. Every other car ever made had RHT studs on both sides.

My concern is that if you are ever in the position of having someone else remove one of the DS wheels, even if you write it down explicitly that they are LHT, you still run the risk of getting the stud(s) stripped.

Also, I have found that the LHT nuts always seem to be more difficult to put on and remove than the RHT nuts. I do not know if this is because these nuts are probably original and the others may have been changed or if it is because someone has accidentally over torqued them at some point. I always get "nervous" when I have to change a wheel with the LHT nuts never knowing if one will seize/strip.

All this being said, my 1969 LeBaron still has the original studs. It is on my list to change them, but not a high priority right now.