Re: IML: My '63 'Vert: Starting to see the end of the tunnel

Re: IML: My '63 'Vert: Starting to see the end of the tunnel

Joy wrote:
Mark,

Did you find out what happened to the Imperial script
on the bumpers? Was it hidden all along?  I read the
text posted with your original pic - You did say you
wanted to solve the mystery, kind of erie??  I guess
things happen for a reason.  Glad everything worked
out.

Joy

yep. the holes for the Imperial script were hidden under body filler. There was front-end damage that had been repaired through "body-sculpting" :-). I had the body guy grind all of that stuff out and properly shape the panels. Under all the bondo, we found the holes and simply drilled them back out.

Now, I'm looking for the little round clips that go in the holes to hold the scripts to the car. If I don't find them by next week, I'll be using weather stripping adhesive to hold them on :-). I've got "just" the front clip to go now. Buffing the headlight pods are going to be a bear!

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html
1968 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible