Re: IML: ignition switch

Interestingly enough, when I change the key position, I also
ordered a new FULLY 1969 appointed dash wiring harness and engine
wiring harness.  The connector for the 1969 ignition switch
plugged right into the 1971 column ingition connector without any
stretching.  They must have already measured the distance for the
1970 wiring. I already had the 1970 FSM for my sister's 1970
Newport and I checked the wiring thoroughly before connecting the
battery.  The only problem that I encountered was the there is a
tpo in the FSM wiring diagram - the parking light and a battery
wires are transposed at the headlight swith.
     What was confusing to our neighbours is that her 1970
Newport was exactly the same colour as my 1969 Imperial, but hers
was a 2 dht and mine was a 4dht.

Æyn