Re: IML: dome light wires

Rob,  From the dome light you have a pink and yellow wire.  A yellow wire splits off to the switch.  The pink and yellow run back into a taped splice over the left rear wheelwell where a single pink comes out to a plug and two yellow go to the rear switches.  The single pink wire goes about 3" to another plug where it splits in two.  One pink wire goes up to the trunk light and the other does a 180 degree into the main harness that runs up to the front of the car.  The two front switch wires run into the harness at the left kick panel.  Hope that helps some.  Let me know.  Richard

Rob van der Es <r.vdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Richard for your early reply!
I will check at the place you mentioned, but is the yellow wire from the
bulb holder also going to this connection point?
I can feel this wire under the headliner but have no idea were it is going
to..
All I know is that there must be some sort circuit to ground, causing the
dome light to stay on until the battery is flat...

As far as I know I have no mouse nests in my Imperial :)

Btw, I have temporarily cut the yellow wires from both rear door switches
(they are easy to access if you remove the door sill plates) and I also
disconnected the yellow wire from the interior light switch that is placed
in the headliner.
The dome light still shines brightly, and fade away sometimes (like a
modern car with interior light dealy LOL).

But I will check the connection point you mentioned first

Thanks,

Robert