dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 7:32 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 1966 Upper Rad. Hose/housing bolts

Hi All...(This is for my '66 LeBaron)...Has anyone out there tried to get
replacement bolts for the thermostat housing that the upper radiator hose
connects to? The local shop said they couldn't replace the thermostat 'cause
they couldn't get to the right side bolt without rempving the AC unit. I
know, I know! I need to find a better shop, right?! Well, I remember doing
the 'change-the-thermostat' thing MANY years back and it IS a real %$#@$%
job, but if I can do it, the shop surely should be able to, right? Probably
it's a much easier job, if I had had more specialized tools but no matter,
back then I was able to complete the job in a few hours, taking my time and
going slowly so as not to break anything. Well, I am almost ready to remove
the upper hose (now that I have confirmed that I really can, in fact, loosen
and remove that right-side bolt. BUT !!! that bolt (actually, BOTH of them!)
look like they have seen better days sooooooo I would like to have spares in
case I mess things up or strip the heads. Has anyone tried to get these from
NAPA or someplace else???/....or am I dreaming and I should just ask Kenyon
if he has them laying around along with an extra thermostat housing???
Any suggestions greatly appreciated and , as always, feel free to email me
directly so we don't bore the other IML'rs!
Thanks all!!!!
Dan Melnik