Hi,Rich. I believe, all engines (Chrysler) ,had a road vent tube, for crankcase venting untill 62-63 when CAP ( Clean Air Package) was started, then pcv valves took over. I also think there was a mesh type material in the baffle area for oil slosh, a crude filter. If the baffles were cut out, it's possibile they were removed, because the were plugged-up. You could convert to pcv, by drilling carb base, there was a boss in primary side,and secondary sides of most AFB's The baffle must cover the port by a few inches, or you can suck oil out, when running at high rpms. Hope this helps, Dave.

From: richard burgess <lecrown60@xxxxxxxxx>
Hello Folks,

I have the valve covers from two different 1960 Imperials and both have had large sections of the interior baffles cut out.  Both cars were very original so I find it surprising that either would have been modified outside the factory.  Now I have found another and the baffles in it are not cut out.  Was there some service buletin that recommended doing this?

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown sedan