Re: IML: Imperials in the Movies

1.  Go to the club website and find a CONTACT US
button (they're all over the place).

2.  Write in and offer to help - we'll join you to the
WEBMONSTERS mailing list (much like the IML, but for
club website work).

3.  If you don't know how already, ask around about
how to do a capture of film clips from sources such as
VHS and DVD onto your computer so that we can take the
files and have them get posted.

We already have Elijah  Scott mulling how to move some
of this forward, and he's a really nice fellow and
would surely be glad to have you along.  - I have a
really neat-o 1990's Laser Disc from a dealership and
even a LD player to mail to you to keep once you get
up to speed.  That and Spielberg's "Munich".  Bugged
the hell out of my GF as I slowly rewound the street
scene with the '73 in it and re-watched it after the
movie was over...but that's Imperial Spotting at its
finest!

We had to put up place-holder items on the MOVIES
section just so that we'd stop getting people crowing
about "discovering" the episodes in "Second-Hand
Lions" and "Lemony Snickets".  MOVIES needs help,
allright!

If you can do the capture, we can post things to the
website, although it'd be even more super if you know
how to create pages such as we already have, but
that's not all that important - we have folks that are
good at that already.

4.  More than anything, bring along some patience,
persistence, and desire to make this happen and we can
work it out.  Every additional movie sequence posted
is another source of envy for the Cad and Lincoln
people!

5.  Be ready to start sourcing this stuff.  It's up to
you - it's between you and the rental place or ebay to
find these recordings.  The sleuthing is kina fun, and
there are some really obscure references out there.

Hope to see you in the WM area soon!

-Kenyon

--- Joy <jecny75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I sent a message about an Imperial in 'the
> whole
> 9 yards'.  The page definately needs to be updated.
> What can i do to help out?

Kenyon Wills