Re: IML: Upper hose for '66 LeBaron

Hi Again Dick.......wwell, i finally got a lower radioator hose put on though I had to remove the fan shroud to do it. I was wondering just how important is that fan shroud? It probably helps keep the air from the fan up against the radiator to help cool it down, but with the cooler weather coming up I am guess its not aas necessary as it might be in, say, August ??????? I have removed and replaced the hose 3 times already (after filling and draining the collant each time) but there is STill a leak from the upper part of that lower radiator hose!! Its making me crazy!!!! It looks like there is a lot of rust on that nossel where the hose meets up to the motor (just near the water pump) and I guess I am going to have to find my Dremmel and get a grinder bit on it to do some serious rust removal before that hose is going to fit on there nice and evenly....at least this is what I am HOPING is the cause of the leaks. I sure hope nothing 'cracked' up in that area. Its hard to see anything without removing a whole bunch of stuff first!!!!!

Dick, I also noticed, while crawling around and spending so much time under the front end, that the sway-bar bushings and the front strut bushings are pretty bad as well as the bolts all rusted in. I am going to call P-S-T (Performance Suspension Technology) tomorrow as well as Steele Rubber and see if MAYBE they have these items but if not, do you have a special source for these kind of front-end rubber pieces??? I will also be checking the online NAPA site as well.

I'm really trrying to get the LeBaron ready for the drive to the picnic but Murphy's Law is NOT helping!!
Thanks for any help or contacts!
Dan Melnik
(by the way, "Liz" said to say 'Hi' to you and your wife!)