From: YBSHORE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Oil Breather Caps, and for my '56 in particular #2

Paul and Imperialists Alike,

    In the case of my '56, the way the top filler breather vent cap is tilted more toward the radiator, when the oil would condensate in the filler and drip after serious cruises, gravity pushed oil more onto the water pump area than back toward the hot manifolds or block.  I do not show signs of leakage anywhere one would suspect pressure seals to be compromised due to the excessive build up.  The lower breather tube is long enough, and was, over much, much time, relieved, thusly I do not yet believe I have internal or seal issues...............yet. Let you know after I reinstall, but this I will say:  she has never not purred.  I am quite anal about every drip and it drives me and my mechanic wild and this was just beginning to be "of concern"!!!!

Respectfully,

ybshore