IML:

MarkE said:
>That's fellow member Tim Klein,

Sheesh, I turn my back on the IML for two days, and when I turn back around, you people have been talking about me! :-)

>our long-time maintainer of the '67 '68 pages.

Just '67, actually.  The poor '68 pages remain orphaned, in case anybody wants to be a volunteer maintainer for that section of our web site:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1968/

>He kept the yarn car quiet for a long time for fear of what other Imperialists would think of his masterpiece.

...or more precisely, for fear of offending various IML members who have helped me over the years in getting my damaged, neglected Imp into good running condition.  ("I donated a carburetor rebuild job for THAT???")  After I got "outed" here a few months ago when the Yarn Car was featured in Reader's Digest, I braced myself for a wave of vitriol -- but fortunately it turned out to be just a little ripple.  A few IML members posted some nasty and even threatening(!) comments here, but the people who mattered to me either just shrugged their online shoulders or were actually quite supportive.  Thanks, folks!  And special thanks to those who knew about my little deviation from the norm and kept mum all this time. :-)

At any rate, my humble work on the '67 Imperial pages (which were already in great shape when I inherited them) is my way of thanking the club at large for all of your help, past and future.  I'm not much of a gearhead, but bits and bytes are my bread and butter, so that's how I contribute something back.

I'm working on a write-up for my own web site about "how I came to do this crazy thing".  When it's ready, I'll post a link here.  In the meantime, feel free to read about some of the adventures that I've had time to narrate.  (There are still lots of untold stories waiting in the queue, including being in the New York Auto Show, appearing on CNN, etc.)  When you have a weird car, you meet the dangedest people and get invited to the dangedest places.  For example:
http://www.yarncar.com/Story/ArtScape2002/artscape2002_14.html
(And be sure to click the Next Page button to see some photos of the 1958 Dual Ghia concept car.)

Tim Klein
Dallas, Texas
http://www.yarncar.com