Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 3:22 PM
Subject: IML: water pumps and gaskets etc etc and fuel consumption figures

The water pump and or gasket for ANY B or RB engine should be one of the easiest things to find on one of these cars. They fit the entire 361, 383, 400, 413, 426 and 440 line and there are basically two choices...with or without air. The old Lester catalog number ( Lester was a catalog line that was used nearly across the board for decades for part numbers on alternators, water pumps, starters etc etc...parts that had cores ) was 1317 and 1317A for air conditioned cars. As far as the gasket goes, its the same one in all cases. The water pump housing gaskets are also the same for all these engines.

On the subject of fuel consumption, I tell people the same thing one of our customers with a Cessna Citation ( carries and burns fuel loads measured in the hundreds of gallons ) told me when I asked him how much it uses..." All of it".

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe