From: jsokola@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 1:25 AM
Subject: IML: 1956 license bracket

Hi,

Someone was asking about the front license bracket on the 1956 Imperial.
On my 1956, the license was mounted from the bottom at the center point
of the bumper, with the license plate and bracket bent to mimic the shape
of the bumper point.

I think I bought another bracket from an ebay seller some time back, but
have not installed it (or even compared it to the one on the car).  The
front end of the car needs a fair amount of help anyway, as it seems to
have been hit pretty good in a collision at one time or another.  (The
front fender is creased slightly where it meets the passenger door, and
the whole underbody on the left side was apparently beat up a bit.)  But,
I really make it sound worse than it is, as the car is fairly solid and
better than most unrestored examples I see on ebay.

I really haven't done much with my Imperial except for accumulating spare
parts and literature.  Last week, I did install a replacement horn ring
that I got awhile back, and the Interior looks so much better!  (The horn
ring was probably broken in above surmised collision, as the actual
steering wheel mount has a crack as well.)  While sitting in the car, I
took a glance at the Colorado State Inspection sticker on the windshield,
which was performed in October 1970.  A glance at the odometer and quick
arithmetic showed that the car has been driven a grand total of 36 miles
since then!

One day I will make more progress, and start adding a few more miles to
it.

Joe S.
Colorado Springs