Re: IML: Egge Parts House (Was: Part numbers required 1956 (354 Hemi)

Re: IML: Egge Parts House (Was: Part numbers required 1956 (354 Hemi)

I have to say in England I had a totally different expeirence when rebuilding the engine of my 29 Imperial.

I needed pistons, Egge listed them as in stock in various oversizes (for those who dont know the L*80 engine continued in production after the Imperial in use in both  Dodge Trucks and as a Marine version).

I ordered the +60 thou pistons I needed, only to be told they weren't in stock after all, there would be a 6 month delay and they will cost 50% more than the list price.

You can look at it in two ways - bad management with no concern for customer relations  or sharp practice.

Needless to say I sourced the Pistons elsewhere.

Regards

Nigel Plant

L*80 Convertible Coupe by Locke