IML: Posts and Site Police Work

 Imperialists,

    Please tell me if I am out of line for I do not wish to offend nor break rules:

    I posted recently, in the verbose way that I conduct myself along in life, as I tend to freely interact with whatever crowd I may find myself in, what I felt was a 'thank you' to a fellow IML'er for some valuable information which was not passed directly to me (for once in this case), but which I found to be informative as well, as ALL information at the OIC is.  I realize this is not a chat room, per se, however a common posting regarding a subject (gratitude) for works contributed concerning a problem is ALWAYS welcome in any arena I have ever been involved in.  That doesn't mean I am looking for a Club Meet and a Group Loving Hug, but I am sorry if today respectfulness has taken another hit.  I apologize to those who find my posts unworthy and in the future I will restrict them to be as cryptic and succinct as possible.

Always Grateful and Always Respectful because that was how I was taught,

ybshore/Jack Rybicki:  ybshore@xxxxxxx

This is my response to being called out for the in-question post:

    This post is informative and congratulatory to the other members  who DO spend time posting  invaluable information and  I was merely  complementing a man (Mickey) for those informative posts. If this is off base, for it was Mike's words I used from his post, not words chosen indiscriminately from the cosmos, or out of the blue sky in order to "just post", then the site needs to loosen its starch collar and accept complimentary commentary if/when it is offered.   If you follow his posts, and I know you do, the "two cents" is his signature sign-off and all I did was thank him for those posts. I never not learn from him, or the other "guru's". It is how your site technology encourages Imperial friendships.

    To continually post, as Mickey, Dick, et al do, and NOT get positive feedback for the time they take to Give Up the information which only their experience can teach us, is unrewarding/not fulfilling sometimes (not that they are seeking anything other than the rewards of sharing).  It is worthwhile, to me, to let these "posters" know, on occasion, they are read and appreciated by others not necessarily involved in the particular problem they may be addressing.  A slap on the back for a job well done is not a crime.

Jack