IML: 1960 Hood won't release

I posted this yesterday, but it never actually posted. I stored my Imperial at my Fathers place since I moved back across the country. At first I had to worry about him driving all the time. Now it seems the hood release cable broke just under the hood. It solved the problem of him driving it, but how do I get into it??
Thanks
Marc Lamp
1960 4drht