Re: IML: '68 'vert w/MDO

Jack,

Another small item of interest in regard to 1968 Imperials.  This item of interest is the rare use of a contrasting color in the area down the sides of the car between the two trim strips.

Most people would think that this is a modification by some owner, and in most cases it would be, but I have a factory Chrysler 1968 Imperial Ad that shows the subject car painted in this way, and it happened to be a Crown four door.

Thanks for the pictures of the 1968 convertible with the suspect "Mobile Director Option".   If I had that car, and wanted to sell it, I would have included pictures, in detail, of the option, in different positions, as well as its installation on the drive shaft hump.

Regardless of its authenticity, the car is interesting, and would be well worth owning, as 1968 Imperials are rare, especially convertibles.

Sincerely,

Bill/Imp, 68's