Re: IML: Thanks for decoding 69 LeBaron

Fred and other list members,

The three lines I referred to on the build sheet are the mechanical parts (e.g., radiator, steering column, propellor shaft, left and right torsion bar, etc.) and their exact codes. If one has a Parts Book for 1969, I believe one can identify each item by its exact type, but you would likely not find the information revealing nor terribly useful unless you were rebuilding the car in a major way. (It's not always lines 3-5, depending on year, but essentially this is the part NOT populated with 3-digit sales codes but rather than 2- and 3-digit numbers, presumably the last numbers of the part numbers.)

Has anyone ever decoded this portion of their build sheet? Must be laborious! I have Parts Books for the model years I own, but no other years.

I'm sure Fred and I would both like to know! (And thanks for the gracious words, Fred.)

By the way, note to Fred: I conjectured the idea of a vinyl roof color-change by the dealer prior to delivery before I decoded your build sheet as a pre-sold car. That would seem to reduce to likelihood of a color change, now that I think about it, unless the original buyer changed their mind between when they ordered the car and saw it in person. Really no way to know without personally knowing the car's history. And there is always the possibility they built it in the wrong color!

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon