From: DReese@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 4:36 PM
Subject: IML: Charging system

I'm getting a fluctuation in the lights while running at 1000rpm+, it's a   regular dimming perhaps associated with the voltage regulator?  The ammeter   never twitches to the charge side but does dip a bit to discharge when a load is   applied.    I just put a new alternator on and this is happening after the electrical   fire/new wiring harness.  I had a mechanic help me with the wiring on the engine   side and I trust what he did....not that it can't be wrong nonetheless.    I've looked through the repair section but haven't yet found this subject.  Any   obvious things
 to check first?    Donn Reese  1960 Custom 4dr HDTP      -----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------  This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please   reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be   shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the  Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm