IML: rear ended

Hi All,
  I've been quiet here lately as life things have been  pretty loud,
I hope all are well.

 Early this morning my '73 Lebaron was hit by a very intoxicated
citizen in a honda at suprisingly high speed (given the damage to my car).
  I was parked on the street in front of my building here in Brooklyn, NY,  and went out to find my car at a 30 degree angle to the curb having been pushed into the car in front of it.
 The NYPD had left me a kind note with a phone # to call to get the accident report.
   What I know is the driver spent the night as a guest of the city,
and they say he's insured.  The official report will be available on Monday.
  so to the damage->
  all of the rear sheet metal behind the rear doors is lifted and pushed in, with wrinkles in the C pillars on both sides. The frame rails are kinked just behind the axle and all the trunk sheet metal is ripped and buckled.   And all the rust in the quarter is very revealed.
   The doors are all still straight, but the front grill is pressed in a bit, the hood dented, the bumper pod on the left smashed.
  sigh...

Does anybody have experience with dealing with something like this,
re: the other guy's insurance, value, repair?!? etc?

  I only have NYS liability on the Imperial.
(but hey, he hit me and was drunk.....)

I'd really appreciate any insights on how to proceed.

my fear is that it's a total

btw,
my father originally bought the car in '73 and I'm the second owner.

it's probably in C+ condition,  with lot's of stuff replaced

Thanks

jack
  very damaged 73 Lebaron