Re: IML: Only 200 1959 Silvercrest 4 doors made?

Re: IML: Only 200 1959 Silvercrest 4 doors made?

stephen844@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Is it true that only 200 1959 Silvercrest 4 doors were made and fewer than 20 survive?

Here is the listing on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-Imperial-SILVERCREST-1959-CHRYSLER-IMPERIAL-SILVERCREST-4-DOOR-HARDTOP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43905QQihZ016QQitemZ260038827594QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I would say no, this is not a true claim. Looking at the numbers on the website it would appear that there were 9320 four door hardtops built across the three lines with 4,714 of them being Crowns. Both the Silvercrest and "contintental kit" as he calls it we hugely popular options. I don't know how many there were but I would feel safe in guessing that at least a couple thousand were produced that way.

                    Steve B.