IML: Please Welcome Barry Koch

New Subscriber(s): Barry Koch
Email Address is: barrypk1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Nyack, NY

Car(s) owned: 1963 Crown Southampton Coupe

Self-Introduction: I submitted a self-introduction about a year ago, but am resubmitting do to an upgrade in my browser; I have been unable to "chat" with other members because my letters only got through occasionally. Hopefully, this is now corrected, and I can ask questions and offer experiences to my valued Imperial peers. I always admired the stalk-eyed Imperial, ever since I saw a picture of the new '61 front end on the cover of the "New Cars" issue of Motor Trend for that production year. I finally bought my first one in 2005, a '63 Crown Coupe (the actual car featured in the color article from 1990 that is shown on the club's 1963 model page). After driving it, I can see why Tom McCahill of Mechanix Illustrated rated it the best highway car in the world. I've been busying myself with replacing accessories, redoing the brakes, etc., and hope to get it to a state of dependable reliability over the coming months. The Imperial Owner's club has been a tremendous help, especially through searching the archives. One example is when I had to replace a faulty fuel pump in a lightning storm, and was able to learn about the tiny pushrod between the cam and the pump arm that was blocking installation, and which I would never had known about had I not been able to research it through the club. I might still be trying to get the darn thing in place without the empirical knowledge amassed by the club. Thanks for a great site!