Re: IML: Ways to improve milage?

I looked into propane/GPL conversions when I moved over to Italy. They are fairly cheap, but there are restrictions in where you can actually get the fuel. For Europe it's great and sold everywhere, but in the US it's not so easy. Most are dual-fuel, they used to count on the gas to lube the valves, but nowadays everything has hardened seats anyway. I'd say not feasible for the US, but over here, go for it.

Rob

From: Bob Zubkowski <bzubkow@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Ways to improve milage?
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:43:40 -0600

I ran a propane powered van for years, You get a little less gas miles but at that time it was much cheaper almost half price for fuel. The problem is also finding a place that sells propane. Not easy if you are in a unknown area. I carried a small bottle with a fuel hose to fill it much the same s if you have a gerry can with you. Today I don't think it is worth it. I would rather put a diesel engine in and run deep fryer fat from fast food stores as a better option. You can also by a biodiesel station for your home where you make your own biodiesel. The size is abour the size of a hot water tank and runs abour $3000.00 to put in.
Zub
----- Original Message ----- From: "will hawk" <bigbadvladfan@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 6:15 PM

What about propane?  I would like to know more about
it as an allturnitve fuel.  There is a place on the
IMP web site where some on converted a 61, but it
never gave any details even though it did talk about a
disk brake upgrade.  Is there any one how know
someting about converting to propane and the benifits
as well as the drawbacks?  Thanks

--- Matthew Gill <mgill3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey all,

Matt here again, and still somewhat considering an
attempt at an
Imperial as a daily driver (64-66).. I've mostly
decided that i need
something with better milage, but what kinds of ways
are there to
improve gas milage? What kinds of upgrades should I
be looking at?
I'm trying to add the cost of the car, and upgrades
to decide whether
or not it's worth-while. It's my last hope for going
that direction.

Thanks

response will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and
attachments) for the
Administrators should be sent to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to