Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

Matt,

The '64 Owner's Manual is on the website, as are maintenance charts for all three years.

The page with the oil info is: http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/64owners/page.php?page=29

However, they recommended 10w30 or 5w20 depending on temperature, and I wouldn't recommend either. Try 20w50 or 15w40, or at worst, 10w40.

I'm a purist, too, but oil has changed since 1964 and your car is now 42 years old. As for a lead additive, I think you mean a lead substitute. Don't think you can buy anything that puts toxic lead into the atmosphere anymore.

By the way, the 1966 has the 440 engine, no longer the 413 used in 1964-66, and Chrysler expanded their recommendation to include 20w40 in non-winter climates. Not sure which year you have but figured it was worth pointing out that the '66 engine is shared with the later models.

Hope this helps...

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon