Re: IML: Carper and gasoline additives

Barb, I find it VERY HARD to believe, you can purchase TEL, in 1971, I tried to buy TEL for our race cars, and boats from Ethyl Corp. in Detroit.They told me: We can not sell this to anyone, but fuel refineries, and that it was, HIGHLY TOXIC, and by the 55gl. drum( $30,-50. k). Since there was only .1gram, of TEL per gl. in leaded gas, before 1990, you can see, it went a long way!! I would like very much, to see what your buying by the gallon !! If it was TEL, somebody, would be in BIG TROUBLE, if it was known.FYI; I found  very good info. from Aircraft Powerplant Manuals 1930-1975. Ya'll have a nice day. Dave.
From: Barbara Seidl <gennabeth@xxxxxxxxx>

Kanter has three grades of carpet available along with fabric by the yard for when the carpet goes up the back seat and door panels like it does in Veronica. I don't happen to have their info here at work, but I can provide it later if necessary.

It seems that a lot of the fuel additives really don't do a lot. What we use is genuine tetraethyl lead purchased from The Paddock in Chicago. Ralph orders it by the gallon, and they do ship it.

Barbara
'68 LeBaron Veronica.