Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Cost of synthetic oil

I use Mobil 1 in all my IMP I use 15-50 I live in the south east so cold weather is not a problem.
I buy it a Wally World (aka Wall-Mart) I have used it for over a year and am very happy with it. I helps my 90 get better MPG and in my two 75's has help in oil use.

--
Alan Jordan
90 IMP

-------------- Original message from "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>: --------------

I am a strong believer in synthetic oil.

Recently I have seen a WalMart brand of "100% synthetic oil" and decided to try it.

This was the only oil that I had available earlier this summer when my 69 LeBaron lost most of its oil due to a failed oil pressure sensor. I wanted to get fresh oil in the engine ASAP after the failure so that is what I used in a 10/30 weight.  I have not driven the car since then, but have fired the engine up several times and it seems to run great, sounds good and gets great oil pressure.

I originally purchased this oil to put in my 99 Intrepid ES which I have done twice now. Since going to this oil from Mobil 1 my gas mileage in the Intrepid has increased from 22 mpg city to 24 mpg city. I have had this car since new and never got over 22 mpg city in its 77,000 miles and I feel that these numbers are real.

I have only seen this Walmart synthetic oil in 5/30 and 10/30 grades, but the real kicker is that it costs just over $13 for 5 quarts vs $21 and change here for Mobil 1 and close to that for other synthetic brands (all Walmart prices).

If you are worried about the cost of synthetic oil and can live with a 10/30 weight, give this a try. My Imperial and my Intrepid like it and it will soon be in the Pacifica.

Fred Joslin