RE: [RE]IML: 1968 imperial rear bumper

Actually, the removal of the "bumper-blades" isn't all that difficult-- access is through the corners of the trunk, and all you need is a ratchet and a suitable-length extension. I've had no problem either removing or reattaching mine.

Kristian Oyen
1963 Imperial Crown Southampton 4-door
1966 Imperial Crown 4-door
1967 Imperial Crown Coupe
1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 4-door
1986 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue
1990 Imperial Gold Eagle Edition

--- Begin Message --- 67 - 68's all have the rear bumper (center) and two bumperettes (one on each side) sometimes also called bumper "blades." These should be the same for both years. Have never tried to do so, but I'm told that removing bumperettes is pretty involved. They probably aren't hard to find, you may have to re-do the chrome though. I've looked for years for mint/NOS set with NO luck.

Good luck - Mark.