From: barrypk1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 6:00 AM
Subject: IML: crankshaft pulley repair

Has anyone had experience repairing a ripped out rear crankshaft pulley? My
63 Southampton exoerienced a failure of the rubber mounting ring inside the
a/c-alternator double pulley.  I sent away to Bob Hofmeister for a used
pulley, but found that the holes for mounting it on the harmonic balancer did
not line up.

A couple of questions:  Why are the mounting holes unequally spaced? Is that
a way to balance the pulley with the harmonic balancer?  Is it true, as
Kenyon may have intimated, that the pulleys are mated to the balancer as a
pair?

Damper Doctor says they can revulcanize my pulley, but if they do, will it be
in balance?  Since the old rear double-pulley is broken off the shaft of the
double front pulley, it may not be possible to revulcanize it in exactly the
same position on the shaft. Is that a problem?

Has anyone any exoerience with Damper Doctor's work on this type pulley?  I
have concerns about sending away the only pulley that seems mated to my
engine.

Thanks,
Barry