Re: IML: Drums to Discs

You are so correct Ken.  ABS does NOT make a vehicle stop in a shorter
distance but rather it actually increases the stopping distance in most
cases.  What ABS does is it helps avoid a skid and also allows the driver to
maintain steering control during a panic braking maneuver.  I agree, this is
a feature that is, like so many others, only there to compensate for
unskilled and incompetent drivers.

ABS can rather easily be removed from a 90's Imperial and its sister Mopars
as is documented on the OIC site.

The big picture problem with features like this, IMO, is that they breed
more unskilled and incompetent drivers.  Will technology be able to keep up
with the ever so rapidly declining skill and soaring apathy of modern
drivers?  Are we willing to go down that road to find out?

An undeniable truth of life is that the smarter machines and computers get,
the dumber people get.  How long will it be before the machines and
computers are smarter than we are?  Who will run the world after that
happens?  Whose fault will that be?