Re: IML: Seat belts-1960

Dear Donn,

I have a '60 LeBaron with factory belts and using those patterns I am about to drill the holes in my '60 Crown.  The outside belts were bolted to body mount bolts and I have measurements for the inner.  Of course the Lebaron had only two pair on the front seat so the back is a guess.  They say Chrysler and I am sure they are original to the car.  I'll try to get you the info./pictures out this weekend.

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown

Donn Reese <DReese@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
My car didn't come with seat belts. I bought a set from Bob H.....but how do you install them?

I haven't found a picture or installation discussion in any of the publications. They obviously need to bolt through the floorpan, and it seems the nut should go on the bottom side. Assuming there is a nut as I only received the bolts. My big problem is locating where to bolt them down. Could someone with a similar year Imperial share a couple pictures of where their seat belts are bolted down? Under the back seat would be great too. Email me off list.

Does anyone know if there is a knock-out in the floor pan for the bolts or do I need to drill holes?

Thanks,

Donn Reese
1960 Custom 4dr HDTP