From: "david munson"
Subject: RE: IML: 1962 Brakes and Parking Brake
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 05:26:25 +0100

As far as I'm aware the park brake is just that
for parking if it holds the car on a slope it
works if you drive with it on its easy to mess
up the park brake lining as the power of the
car can overide it and burn it up . As for the
foot brake if the brakes are adjusted correctly
(read the manual ) and bled correctly your
brakes should be good and firm , my 63 and 66n
are fine and so is my friends 62 300 H . I
would not trust a dealer who gave me my car
back with bad brakes as they just don't know
what they are doing .

> From: ghquimby@xxxxxxx
> Subject: IML: 1962 Brakes and Parking Brake
> Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:31:28 -0400
>
> Fellow Imperialists, I got the Imperial
> back from Chrysler dealer and the brakes went
> all the way to the floor; there was no pedal
> pressure whatsoever. They bled the brakes
> again and now the pedal goes half way to the
> floor before I get any pedal pressure. This
> is a new master cylinder and all new wheel
> cylinders. My mechanic suspected that it
> might be a problem with the master cylinder
> since it is different from the one originally
> on the car. Should he adjust the master
> cylinder rod, even though the FSM says
> specifically not to? I know this is
> unrelated but the parking brake requires no
> force whatsoever to go to the floor. It seems
> to prevent the car from rolling when itâ??s
> parked, but I accidentally forgot to
> disengage it when taking it for a test drive
> and it didnâ??t seem like it was stopping the
> car. What should working brakes and parking
> brake feel like on a 1962 Imperial? Iâ??ve
> never dared to drive this car above 10 mph.
> The car stops, but the pedal is soft, I'm
> just not sure the car will stop at higher
> speeds. Graham Quimby 1962 Crown Coupe PS
> â?? Iâ??ve been taking pictures as work has
> progressed on the car. Someday Iâ??ll post
> them on the web. If anybody would like to see
> them, let me know. Maybe somebody can tell me
> what the name of the color of the car is?
> Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive
> set of free safety and security tools, free
> access to millions of high-quality videos
> from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the